It’s the most wonderful time of the year….for other people. That’s right; we put the welfare of others in front of our own as we scurry about cooking, shopping and preparing for the holidays. The Holiday season is extremely busy and can be very stressful if we do not make time for ourselves. Here are five tips you can incorporate to keep the holiday cheer….
|I'm still smiling!|
1. Eat three healthy meals a day. Do not skip meals because you are extra busy. Take the time to sit down to a good meal that is homemade, organic and GMO free. Getting your nutrients is crucial to your physical, mental and spiritual health especially this time of the year. Make the crockpot your best friend if you do not have time to cook.
2. Get a good night’s rest. Please rest your head on the pillow between 10:00 – 11:00 PM. Your body rejuvenates itself at night. It’s crucial for your body to revitalize itself so you have extra energy to execute additional chores and responsibilities.
3. Make a date with yourself. Can you spare one half hour per week to do something for yourself? How about trying reflexology? This time of the year we are always on the run and our feet get tired. Our feet have nerve endings that connect with our organs and other systems throughout the body. Having the entire system massaged through the feet will help you to relax and eliminate stress. Of course, you can always ask a spouse or significant other to provide the service for you. Then it is free!
4. Whistle while you work. We must accept “what is.” As we go through life’s chores, we can either look at it from a positive or negative mindset. Acceptance of “what is” will enable us to remain cheerful. A smile is contagious. Smile at people in the stores and see how much better you feel. You will brighten their day as well as your own.
5. Express gratitude for the wonderful gifts in your life. There is a saying; “ You will never get what you want until you are thankful for what you have.” How often do we not realize how blessed we truly are.
|Me & Mom on Thanksgiving Day!|
This week on WakeUP & Live, I discuss this blog post as well “soul food nutrition” with my special guest Certified Holistic Health Coach Gregory Ashby.
WakeUP & Live / Watcher's Prophecy 11/23 by FreedomizerRadio | Blog Talk Radio
I was also honored to be a guest speaker on Brian Cohen’s radio show “Strategies of Success” this past week. Please listen to our discussion about the Power of Intentions and the Master Shift.
Christine Segal Inner Beauty Workshops 11/21 by Strategies of Success Brian | Blog Talk Radio
Christine Segal is a Certified Holistic Health Coach having studied at Integrative Nutrition. She also holds a Master’s Degree in Education. She hosts a weekly radio show on health and wellness on Freedomizer Radio called “WakeUP and Live.” Please visit her website at www.innerbeautyworkshops.com for more information. Christine works with clients in person or via telephone. Please write her for a consultation Christine@innerbeautyworkshops.com.