"For each of us there is some mission in life if we but find it. All have some definite thing to do, something for which they have been created; and only the doing of this thing will justify their existence here on earth. If we come into the world and occupy space and time without giving back for this privilege, we have not justified ourselves, and our lives in the end are barren." ~ Hay

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Why I ordered a Prius then cancelled my order….

My quote and I’m sticking to it;
“I can do much more for the environment healthy and alive then I can from driving a Prius.”


Smack in the middle of my vision board is a Prius.  I have wanted to own and drive a Prius for quite some time.  Being especially conscious of the environment, I am always looking for ways to do my part.  Faced with the reality that we had three cars and four drivers, it was time for me to buy a new car.  Without doing any research, I went right to the Toyota dealer and put a deposit down on a brand new Prius.  I am the research “Queen,” but since cars are not my thing, I didn’t put any effort into researching it.  When I got home I excitedly put an announcement on facebook that I purchased a new Prius, whereupon I was privately messaged by a friend of mine saying;”Christine, did you look up Prius and EMFs?”  I cancelled my order the next day…
I teach about EMFs (electro-magnetic fields) in my workshops.  I always caution on the use of cell phones, cordless phones, microwaves, wireless computers and now I will add electric hybrid cars.  Electromagnetic Field is a physical field produced by electrically charged objects.  You cannot see an electromagnetic field nor can you feel it.  Just because something is invisible to the naked eye doesn’t mean it does not exist and can be causing harm to the body.  Actually, it can be shown through kinesiology that when EMFs get near the body’s energy field, it can have a negative effect and weaken the body.   A gauss meter can measure the electromagnetic field in a person’s immediate environment.  It is important to know if something is emitting unsafe levels of these fields.  A gauss meter will also help you to know at what distance you should be at when something is emitting high EMFs. 
In 2007 there was an extensive report written by international scientists and public policy experts that cited over 2,000 studies that detailed the toxic effects of EMFs.  Chronic exposure to even low levels of EMFs can cause illness, the report stated.  What I discovered when researching EMFs and Prius is that high readings appear to be at the foot of the driver and the right rear passenger seat.  Because of this, people are complaining of headaches, nausea and dizziness.  Long term exposure to high levels of this kind of energy is yet to be determined.  Here is an article written about someone’s experience driving a brand new Prius:  http://evworld.com/news.cfm?newsid=23553
I know we cannot live in a bubble.  Technology has enabled us to evolve and grow with an ease that never before existed in previous generations.  However, just because something makes our life convenient, or in this case, environmentally friendly doesn’t mean it is safe.  I like to err on the side of caution.  It’s just not worth it to me to take a chance on something that could potentially cause harm to myself or others.  Like I said above, “I can do much more for the environment healthy and alive then I can from driving a Prius.”


My brand new car is a Toyota Venza!


REFERENCES

Inner Beauty Workshops offers in person coaching as well as telephone coaching.  Please contact christine@innerbeautyworkshops.com or (631)355-9442   for details…

New This Week



**I have lots of projects in the works!  Stay tuned!





6 comments:

Unknown said...

Darn! I was hoping to get a Hybrid for my next car, but I prefer that my aura be enlivened then depleted!

Is this for all hybrids?

(I'm going to have to take out my pendulum the next time I go car shopping!)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new car, Christine.

Unfortunately there is no escaping EMF's. It is all over your house-every single electrical outlet, wires in your walls.

Erwin Calverley said...

Even though you did not get the Prius that you wanted at first because of EMF problems, I’m glad you were still able to find a new car in the Venza. Unlike regular CUVs, the Toyota Venza has great gas mileage, so you can save some money on has and be eco-friendly at the same time. Anyway, how is the car now?

Christine (Inner Beauty Workshops) said...

Hi Erwin:

I love my car! It is suprisingly good on gas mileage. I would highly recommend. Thanks for visiting and leaving the comment.

Stelle Courney said...

That's okay, Christine. It seems that everything turned out beautifully in the long run. :) The Toyota Venza has a smooth style and comfortable interior. It's absolutely perfect for family use. Congratulations!

Sara Anthony said...

“I can do much more for the environment healthy and alive then I can from driving a Prius.”--- It’s great to know that you have so much concern for our environment. For me, the thought of you really preferring something that would benefit others than yourself is just awesome. You’re indeed a kind-hearted woman, Christine!