"For each of us there is some mission in life if we but find it. All have some definite thing to do, something for which they have been created; and only the doing of this thing will justify their existence here on earth. If we come into the world and occupy space and time without giving back for this privilege, we have not justified ourselves, and our lives in the end are barren." ~ Hay

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Witness the Law of Attraction in Action

"It's doesn't matter what you look like on the outside,
you are always young at heart."
The “Law of Attraction Philosophy” considered the “New Thought Movement” really isn’t so new.  It stems back to biblical times with references in the Bible.  If one “seeks” the information, one will “find” mountains of ancient and old writings on the subject matter.   According to Wikipedia, the Law of Attraction is “a theory that like attracts like, and that by focusing on positive or negative thoughts, one can bring about positive or negative results.”  Today, I want to share with you a story that happened to me when I was 19.  I’m attributing the outcome of this story to the Law of Attraction in Action.
At the age of 19, I was working every teenage girl’s dream.  I had a part-time job in a cosmetics store that sold make-up, perfume, hair products and the like.  One day an attractive woman walked into the store and asked for my help.  She was about 5’ 2”, had dark hair and eyes and was very much in shape.  She was dressed beautifully from what I can remember.  I proceeded to help her and, during our conversation, she told me that she was a doctor.  I was surprised because she didn’t look old enough to be a doctor.  I told her so.  Her reply, and I will never forget, was “I take really good care of myself.  I eat healthy and I exercise.  I’m in my 40’s.”  I was completely floored when she told me she was in her 40’s.  I wouldn’t have pegged her a day over 25.  She told me that I could look as good as her as long as I took care of myself. 
I have kept that conversation in my head for the past 28 years.  I have done my best to take the very best care of myself.  In addition, I would frequently tell myself that “when I’m in my 40’s I want people to have no idea how old I am.  I want to look as good as that woman.”  Unbeknownst to me, I was sending a message to all my cells to age slowly.  I attracted my still youthful appearance based on a mental message and picture of something that happened to me when I was only 19 years old.  I sent out the vibration into the Universe by a mental visualization and the Universe responded by granted me my wish because as per the definition of the Law of Attraction…. “Like attracts like.”
Since I am almost out of my 40’s, I need a new visualization.  I am now looking at people in their 60’s and 70’s and repeating that I want to look as good as they do.  I invite you to try this….It works!
If you are new to hearing about the Law of Attraction, I invite you to start with reading “The Secret,”  by  Rhonda Byrne.  You can pick up a used book for only $1.99 http://www.amazon.com/The-Secret-Rhonda-Byrne/dp/1582701709/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1337296929&sr=1-1.  From this book, follow the trail backwards and keep reading about the subject.  You will be amazed at what you learn….:)

"I'm on the top of the world..."

"Forever Young"




References

Inner Beauty Workshops offers in person coaching as well as telephone coaching.  Please contact christine@innerbeautyworkshops.com or (631)355-9442 for details…

New this week!  Meet Dolly!!



1 comment:

Hudson Mohawk Press said...

The movie "The Secret" showed the basics of the Law of Attraction but downplayed the hard work needed to manifest your desires. It is more than just thinking things into material existence. But change is possible with focus. Go back to William W. Atkinson’s book “Thought Vibration or the Law of Attraction in the Thought World” for a deeper explanation of how the Law of Attraction REALLY works. Check out the new updated gender neutral edition at Hudson Mohawk Press.