"For each of us there is some mission in life if we but find it. All have some definite thing to do, something for which they have been created; and only the doing of this thing will justify their existence here on earth. If we come into the world and occupy space and time without giving back for this privilege, we have not justified ourselves, and our lives in the end are barren." ~ Hay

Saturday, February 11, 2012

No Nonsense!

Great place to hang a wreath!
I decided about six months ago to stop watching television.  It wasn’t a hard thing to do given that I hardly turned it on anymore.  I felt my time would be better off spent doing more productive things like reading or working on my business.  It’s kind of strange not turning on the television for months at a time especially when you are used to watching it daily.  You have to be careful not to fall too far behind on current events.  Recently, I went to the post office to purchase stamps and was told they increased to $9.00.  I had no idea.  The post office attendant looked at me like I was living in a bubble and said, “The increase was all over the news.”  If you do decide to turn off the television set, make sure you pick up a daily newspaper or read the news online.  I, obviously, need to pay closer attention to current events.   
It’s very strange turning on the television set after it’s been off for several months.  You look very differently at the shows you used to enjoy.  It’s a hard feeling to describe; it’s something you just have to try for yourself.   Recently somebody asked me to watch Christine Applegate’s new comedy.  (Sorry, but I don’t remember the name.)   I agreed and sat and watched the half hour show.   At the end, I was asked how I liked it.  All I could think was what a waste of one half hour of my life!   A few days later, I was waiting for my car to be inspected.  In the automotive waiting area there was a television set.  I brought my book to read, but the TV was too distracting.  I decided to put my book down and watch.  The morning show was on (NBC) which featured Kathy Lee Gifford and some other woman.  The two of them chatted and even sang songs for the entire 45 minutes that I was stuck watching.   I was waiting for them to say something constructive….but it was nothing but “NONSENSE.”  Now, don’t get me wrong, I like Kathy Lee and think she has great talent but since she had the command of the camera, teach people something!  Or, if you cannot teach something, then entertain them.  Kathy Lee has a great voice!  I think Seinfeld spoiled people.  That was a great, funny show about “nonsense.”  Since then television has tried to duplicate that show, failing miserably, resulting in dumb and dumber shows.
I want my own television show!
I will do my best to use television time to demonstrate and teach people how to live a healthy life.  If it is during the morning hours, I will use that time to motivate people to be productive.  There are so many interesting, thought-provoking and fascinating topics of conversation in the natural realm; I could be on television longer than Oprah!  Are you familiar with the Law of Attraction?  I just put my intensions into the Universe.  This is not “nonsense!”
 Please evaluate for a moment your favorite shows and see if you are actually learning something or wasting life’s precious time.  Remember, each and every one of us has a purpose to fulfill and it requires hard work in order to achieve it.  Television can be a huge drain if we don’t set limits on what or how long we watch.  Why not try turning off the television set for a while and see how you do without it.  Try reading a book or the old fashioned playing a board game.  It’s amazing how much more fulfilled you will become.  Feel free to turn the television set back on when I have my show.  The name of it will be, ”NO NONSENSE!”
Christine Segal, Tom Fabbri

*My first guest will be Tom Fabbri, author of “Ageless You.”  Check out his website:  http://tomfabbri.com/


Inner Beauty Workshops classes are currently underway.  Please email me at christine@innerbeautyworkshops.com for a list of upcoming classes




No comments: