"For each of us there is some mission in life if we but find it. All have some definite thing to do, something for which they have been created; and only the doing of this thing will justify their existence here on earth. If we come into the world and occupy space and time without giving back for this privilege, we have not justified ourselves, and our lives in the end are barren." ~ Hay

Saturday, July 14, 2012

How to take care of yourself when you are super busy….

I wish I had time to smell the flowers, but I must get back to work!
Okay…I have to admit, I’m feeling a little drained.  I’ve taken on a bit more than I can chew.   I have immersed myself in many different projects, some small and some quite BIG.  All I can say is keep your eyes peeled on this blog for some fascinating things coming from me the next six months.  I promise you will be amazed!
There are times when you feel you want to take on the world.  In doing so, you get so super busy that you no longer have any time to cook.  In addition, you gulp down meals and forfeit a good night sleep.  SLOW DOWN!  (I feel that if I write the words I will actually listen myself.)  Things will get done.  It’s important to take care of yourself along the way so you do not suffer burnout or get your body in a run-down state.  Here are some suggestions you must do everyday no matter how busy you are;
1.      Get a good night sleep – The most important time for beauty sleep is between the hours of 10:00 pm – 12:00 am.  If I go to bed after midnight, I am exhausted the next day.  Try to quiet the mind then lights out no later than 10:30 pm.  Your body will work more efficiently the next day and you will be able to focus and get more done.  Remember Benjamin Franklin’s famous quote, “Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy wealthy and wise.” 
2.      Eat only healthy food  – If you are super busy, you need major energy.  Nothing is going to provide energy like whole foods in their natural state.  The crock pot can be your best friend in times like this or set aside a few hours on the weekend to set up dinners for the week.  Better yet, enlist other family members in your house to help.
3.      Breathe - If you have obligations that you must meet and are feeling tired or overwhelmed, just drop your shoulders, sit up straight and take a few deep breaths.  Even if you have to do this every ½ hour or so, it will keep your mind sharp and on task.
4.      Call a Friend – One of the best ways to revitalize yourself and give your mind a short rest is to call a friend.  Set the kitchen timer for 15 minutes and pick up the phone.  Ask the friend to tell you a joke.  Laughter is great medicine for a run-down state. 
5.      Go on YouTube – If you are afraid the 15 minutes long conversation will turn into 1 hour, find something funny on YouTube.  I can watch this clip from “Whose Line Is It Anyway” over and over again.  It cracks me up.


I wish I had time to write more!  However, I must get back to work.  Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please visit my website at www.innerbeautyworkshops.com for further information on my coaching program or call (631) 355-9442 to set up an appointment for a coaching session.

1 comment:

schoolfordreams said...

Christine,

I love your Blog.

I watched that YouTube and began my day with raw laughter.

Thank you.