"For each of us there is some mission in life if we but find it. All have some definite thing to do, something for which they have been created; and only the doing of this thing will justify their existence here on earth. If we come into the world and occupy space and time without giving back for this privilege, we have not justified ourselves, and our lives in the end are barren." ~ Hay

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Count Down to Thanksgiving! 24 Things I am Thankful for this year…

I have more reasons to give thanks this year than I’ve ever had before.  My closest friends and relatives say it’s because I’m coming into my own.  I’m pretty sure it’s because of fewer responsibilities due to the fact that both of my kids are in college.  I am thankful my kids are both happy away at school, but I’m also grateful for the following things too……

1.   I’m thankful for this blog where I can express my views creatively and with passion and purpose.

What the Frack!

2.    I am thankful that my next door neighbors have kindness and patience and put up with my dog barking day and night.

3.    I am thankful I am allergic to bullshit.

4.    I am thankful someone my age can learn how to use the computer.

5.    I am thankful my life is better balanced than my checkbook.

6.    I am thankful for some new people who have recently entered my life.

7.    I am thankful that nothing comes between me and my Calvin Klein dress.


8.    I am thankful I can fit into some of my daughter’s clothes ….oh and wear her jewelry. 

9.    I am thankful that when I “tawk” like I’m from “long guy-land,” it's cute.

10.  I am thankful my dog sleeps in my son’s bed at night…lol.

11.  I am thankful I have people reading my blog from 86 different countries!

12.  I am thankful I’m going through the changes and can leave my windows open at night.

13.  I am thankful I have grown my business from a seed.

14.  I am thankful I have a sense of humor and can laugh at myself while shooting silly pictures.

15.  I am thankful nobody else is me.

16.  I am thankful I don’t mind getting dirt under my fingernails as I dig in the garden but, if I wanted to, could use my stiletto heel instead.


17.  I am thankful that the days turn into nights and the nights into days.

18.  I am thankful I have learned the lesson that the best things in life aren’t things.

19.  I am thankful that age is just a number.

20.  I am thankful that someone from “long guy-land” knows how to grind her own flour.

21.  I am thankful that I can “see” why the Keystone Pipeline decision was postponed….until after the election.

22.  I’m thankful I’m NOT a fly on the wall…

23.  I’m thankful for life’s lessons for they teach you ever so much.

24.  I am thankful and ever so grateful for all the wonderful people in my life.   Yes…this means you!


INNER BEAUTY WORKSHOP CLASSES ARE FORMING.  PLEASE SEE MY WEBSITE: WWW.INNERBEAUTYWORKSHOPS.COM FOR DETAILS OR EMAIL ME AT:  CHRISTINE@INNERBEAUTYWORKSHOPS.COM.

MY BLOG HAS BEEN NOMINATED FOR BEST BLOG ON LONG ISLAND.  PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK TO PLACE A VOTE FOR ME:  http://www.longislandblogposts.com/voteforblog/innerbeautyworkshops

No comments: