1. Plant a tree or tend a garden.
2. Stop using plastic bags and find a place near you that recycles them. Bring your own reusable bags when you shop.
3. Stop buying plastic water bottles. Buy BPA free-lined stainless bottles instead.
4. Use dark sky lighting.
5. Put power strips on your appliances and turn them off at night or when not in use.
6. Support your local farms.
7. Condense your shopping trips.
8. Recycle as much as possible. Consult your town guidelines for items such as batteries, paints and medicines.
9. Donate some of your time to community sponsored cleanup projects.
10. If you can walk somewhere instead of taking a car, do it!