"For each of us there is some mission in life if we but find it. All have some definite thing to do, something for which they have been created; and only the doing of this thing will justify their existence here on earth. If we come into the world and occupy space and time without giving back for this privilege, we have not justified ourselves, and our lives in the end are barren." ~ Hay

Sunday, March 20, 2011

IBW Book Club Selection - Many Lives, Many Masters, Dr.Brian L. Weiss

I know I recommended to you to read another book so please continue in reading that one.  Unfortunately or fortunately, I ordered the book, Many Lives, Many Masters and made the mistake of reading the first paragraph:  I know that there is a reason for everything.  Perhaps at the moment that an event occurs we have neither the insight nor the foresight to comprehend the reason, but with time and patience it will come to light.  Once I read that, I was hooked and could not put the book down.  I read while I was eating, cooking, in the bath, I just couldn’t stop.  I finished the book in three days.  However, it would have taken me less time if I wasn’t so busy.
The book is written by a prominent and well-educated psychiatrist named Brian L. Weiss.   Dr. Weiss obtained his M.D. from Yale University School of Medicine and was Chief of Psychiatry at Miami hospital.  It is a true story based on his experience from hypnotizing a young women patient named Catherine.  The woman remembered past lives as well as information she obtained in between her many lives.  Yes, this is a book on reincarnation but also the evolution of the soul.  Dr. Weiss taped recorded his sessions, and the book contains a word for word recount including messages from many “Masters” that appear.  Needless to say, it was riveting and very interesting.
I’m not saying I completely believe in the paranormal.  However, this book certainly raised my eyebrows.  I do believe that there are many things in life that defy explanation.  Not everything can fit into a double blind science experiment.  It is a well known fact that we human beings probably only use about 5 percent of our brain capacity.  Therefore, it is possible that there are a lot of unexplained phenomena out there simply because our limited consciousness cannot grasp the whole picture.  I believe that the realms of science, as we know it, haven’t reached that far.  Science certainly has its merits, but so does the many messages in this book. 
I highly recommend reading this book.  For me, it’s the beginning of a spiritual journey…….

http://www.amazon.com/Many-Lives-Masters-Prominent-Psychiatrist/dp/0671657860/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1300650960&sr=1-1

No comments: