"For each of us there is some mission in life if we but find it. All have some definite thing to do, something for which they have been created; and only the doing of this thing will justify their existence here on earth. If we come into the world and occupy space and time without giving back for this privilege, we have not justified ourselves, and our lives in the end are barren." ~ Hay

Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Power of Love - Family, Friends & Connections

The challenge when you have a business named “Inner Beauty Workshops” is that it encompasses so many subject areas.  “Inner Beauty” emanates from a state of health as well as from a state of fulfillment and satisfaction in one’s life.  Therefore, there are a myriad of subject areas for me to pick from when writing this blog.  This week, I decided to try something new.  I picked my topic by shutting my eyes and walking over to my bookcase and selecting a book.  I kept my eyes closed until the book was opened to some random page. 
The book I selected was “Man’s Search for Meaning” by Viktor E. Frankl.  It was a bit surprising, because  I’d just finished reading that book a few months ago.  It’s a small paperback book that was not particularly noticeable on the shelf of 50 books or so.  I then looked at the page.  I had highlighted this in orange, “The truth- is that love is the ultimate and the highest goal to which man can aspire.”  So I was stuck writing about love.  Oh boy!  I sat on it a few days then decided to give it a shot.
The emotion of love is very powerful.  It transcends all living beings.  In the animal kingdom, there is great love and connectedness.  Dogs like to roam in packs, birds like to flock together and ducks wade in ponds.  We humans like to be surrounded by family and friends.  It is necessary for our emotional well being.  Our connection and interaction with one another brings great happiness into our lives.  These connections bring strong bonds of love.  We can feel love for our parents and children, love for our friends and love for our significant other.  There aren’t different classifications of love.  It is only one emotion.  We are always searching to love and be loved by others.  For isn’t that the ultimate purpose in life?  Then why is it that so many people turn away from love, especially when being loved brings the greatest joy.
Our connection to family and friends is vital to our sense of self and our well-being.  It is these connections that allow us to show how much we care about others in a give and take format. I will never forget the outpouring of love and support family and friends showed me when my husband was undergoing his first brain surgery.  It really lifted me and helped me get through a very difficult time in my life.  I don’t know what I would have done without these connections.  What would we do without our family and friends?
When we don’t have warm loving relationships with people and we break supportive ties, we feel isolated and lost.  Our outlook becomes more negative and pessimistic.  This loss of connection from loved ones can have a serious impact on our physical and as well as mental health.  Isn’t that enough reason to go, pick up the phone and call the loved one you are estranged from?
We were not put on Earth to just acquire possessions and wealth.  We are here to develop and establish loving relationships and to enjoy them to the fullest.  We should always be seeking new friendships and opening our hearts to new relationships.  As my friend Cindy says, “You can never have too many friends because each one of them enriches your life in some way.  Each person brings something different to the table.” Some you will have a lot in common with, some may make you laugh, some you can really trust and some will be there for you when you truly need it.
We cannot be complete as people nor have inner beauty without love, for it shows on our face.  When you walk into a room with love on your face and your heart on display, you will beam and radiate from within.  You will become like a magnet and love will be attracted to you.  That’s the Law of Attraction!! So open yourself and your heart to finding your ultimate purpose in life, open yourself to love.
**The pictures I am sharing with you are some of my closest and very best friends.  I am a lucky girl!

 






Phewww….It’s done!  Hopefully next time I will pick a different book….lol




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a lucky woman to have you in my life, so right back at ya! <3

~Liz