2. My last child is leaving for college, so I needed another baby in the house.
3. I like my guests to have their crotch sniffed when they enter my home.
4. I get to buy the latest most up-to-date vacuum every year.
5. At least I get outside….As I stand in the bitter cold waiting for her to pee.
6. I can dress her in last year’s clothing styles, and she won’t complain.
7. She will eat whatever I cook.
8. The saliva on my window creates a privacy screen.
9. I have an escort to the bathroom.
10. I have an escort when I leave the bathroom.
11. Who needs water to wash my face.
12. When I’m bored, I can always pluck dog hairs off the couch.
13. I always know when my mail has arrived.
14. When it is thundering and lightening, I have company when I’m hiding under the table.
15. She’s the only person in the house who will listen to my commands.
16. I no longer need to buy fertilizer for the lawn.
17. When I’m not home, the neighbors get to hear a beautiful serenade.
18. I can tell the dog my innermost secrets and she won’t tell anyone.
19. I have a singing partner when I’m singing the barking dog jingle bells song.
20. She loves to have her picture taken just as much as I do………;)
I hope you appreciate my humor. My new dog’s name is Abbey. She is five months old and is part Australian Shepherd and part Labrador Retriever. We adopted her from an animal shelter in Nassau County, New York. The shelter, North Shore Animal League, is a “no kill” facility. My dog was brought in as a puppy, adopted and returned. The owners said she was too much to take care of and they didn’t have the time. Why adopt a puppy?...Duh!!