"For each of us there is some mission in life if we but find it. All have some definite thing to do, something for which they have been created; and only the doing of this thing will justify their existence here on earth. If we come into the world and occupy space and time without giving back for this privilege, we have not justified ourselves, and our lives in the end are barren." ~ Hay

Saturday, March 3, 2012

“I’ll never stop my entire life!”

So proud of what I have accomplished....
When I was in New York City recently waiting in Penn Station for the announcement of my train track, I overheard a woman talking on her cell phone.  She was standing so close; I could hear every word.  She was conveying a story that happened to her.  Here's what she said...
There was a young Mom walking on the sidewalk with a boy around 5 years old.  The boy ran ahead of her and the Mom became distressed.  She yelled out, “STOP!” to her young child.  The boy turned around and screamed out, “I’LL NEVER STOP MY ENTIRE LIFE!”
I love those words, “I’ll never stop my entire life.”  What great insight coming from a 5 year old child.  It’s amazing what we can learn from children.  They can mutter something so innocently yet it can have a huge impact on us, as it did to the woman who was telling the story and to me, who was eavesdropping.  It got me to thinking how important it is to have goals and always be doing something that we love.  If we enjoy what we are doing from day-to-day, we would never want to stop what we were doing.  We should all be striving to be our very best, both at home and in the workplace.  Tackling life’s daily challenges with enthusiasm and spirit will propel us forward.  If we don’t take this attitude, our days will be nothing but drudgery.  
As we strive in life to obtain some goal or objective, we must always remember not to quit.  The road is definitely not going to be easy, it will have its challenges, but we must meet each and every one of them if we want to succeed.  I have had many days since I first started this business that I wanted to quit.  The reason is why most people give up, which is not seeing immediate results.  We live in a society where we thrive on immediate gratification.  If we don’t see results quick enough, we want to throw in the towel.  It usually takes years and years of hard work and effort to obtain high reaching goals.  We must persevere. 
I remember expressing my views to a friend and she said, “Don’t quit, you may be three feet from gold.” That advice helped as well as watching a video from Donald Trump.  I couldn’t find the exact video, but found this one instead.  I’m sure you’ll get the point.


Don’t worry….”I’ll never stop my entire life!”  I have big dreams and far reaching goals.  My hope is that you do as well and never use quitting as an option.  One must always remember that it’s the journey, not the destination which brings the most reward.  So as Donald Trump says, “If you’re going to think, you might as well think BIG,” and, while you’re at it, “Never stop.”


"An Aunt Christine sandwich!"

Kids say the darnest things!

For more information on my program, visit http://www.innerbeautyworkshops.com/ or email christine@innerbeautyworkshops.com.

No comments: